Maximum Justice with Minimum Fuss!
Supporting Criminal Assault Claims throughout Scotland
- If you have been the victim of a violent mugging or a sexual assault, you may be entitled to apply for compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authorities (CICA) in cases where the attacker is not caught or lacks the means to pay. The CICA scheme has eligibility guidelines for financial awards, including:
- Recognising Injuries Both Physical and Mental, Due to Criminal Assault
- Obtaining Compensation for Past or Future Lost Earnings
- Obtaining Compensation for Bereavement Due to Criminal Assault
- Claim Applications Must Be Lodged within Two Years of Your Assault (This Is Discretionary and Often Waived)
- The Assault Must Have Been Reported to the Police with Full Co-Operation
- Criminal injury compensation award payments are calculated by a tariff scheme in bands. The minimum award is £1,000 and the maximum is up to £250,000. We will appoint a lawyer who specialises in your field and advise you on making a quick and effective claim.